Welcome to Mertoun Estate Farms
Mertoun Estate is located in the Scottish Borders one mile north east of St. Boswells. Mertoun is a thriving estate including let farms, forestry, fishing, let cottages and in-hand farming along with contract farms. Please note there are no rental properties available at present.
Mertoun House was designed by Sir William Bruce in 1703 for Sir William Scott of Harden and remained in that family until the house and Estate were bought by the Egerton family in 1912. It is the home of the Duke of Sutherland.
The Estate comprises a number of farms, a few of which have been added since 1912. There are currently six tenanted farms, the remaining holdings are in hand and farmed as a single enterprise.
Get in touch with the Estate Office
To ask a question about farming, forestry, fishing, property rentals or anything else, just get in touch with us.