Cropping/what we grow:
- Wheat, Barley, Oats, Oilseed Rape
- Seed potatoes
SQC and Red Tractor Standards
Storage of Potatoes and Grain
- 5,000t of Potato Storage including refrigerated storage
- 14,000 Grain Storage with 50t/hr Drying facility
- The soil on all the land we farm is routinely tested for pH, P&K allowing us to variably apply nutrients to target them where they are most needed.
- Seed rate and nitrogen applications can also be targeted according to soil type and crop biomass.
- Mainline machinery including tractors, combines and the sprayer are fitted with some form of GPS to optimise efficiency and reduce operater fatigue.
- Many visits have been hosted over the years and we are now a host farm for RHET.
The Farm Manager, Jack Parsons, can be contacted on his mobile: 07961 030 261 or the Potato Manager, Peter Shiells, mobile: 07793 052 374.
Mertoun Estate Farms Ltd
Get in touch with the Estate Office
To ask a question about farming, forestry, fishing, property rentals or anything else, just get in touch with us.